Senior Leader – TCF
TCF is a non denominational and evangelical church located in a village in the lower Caerphilly basin. Trethomas has approximately 3500 people and another 3000 people in village communities in close proximity. Located within 20 minutes from Newport and Cardiff, also fifteen minutes from the M4. The building originated in the early 1900’s and TCF as it is was formed in the late 1980’s and the building has been modernised over the last 30 years.
We are a community based church with many regular weekly ministries. We have a congregation with many volunteers and potential leaders within the body of the church. Our ministries include two celebrations with Junior church on a Sunday, Creative ministries (Drama and Puppets), Clothing ministry, Tearoom, Parents and Toddlers, Ladies fellowship, Youth work, cruise bereavement and debt management. We have active input to our local schools, care home, strong visitation team and we support missions here and abroad.
The church family is a loving and caring community with people of all ages contributing to the life of the church. We have a good relationship with leaders of other churches in the area.
We promote sound biblical teaching and move in the work of the Holy Spirit. We are a church who believes in the New Testament model of the five fold ministries and we encourage every member of the body of Christ to be a minister. (Attached Articles of Faith)
Job Title: Senior Leader
To be full time Senior Leader of Trethomas Christian Fellowship to help discover and fulfill its mission, growing as disciples and making disciples.
The primary activity focus will be on ensuring transformational leadership and care to the church through
- Effective teaching and preaching
- Developing and supporting leadership throughout the church
- Being the main point of contact for the church and community on behalf of the leadership team
The Senior Leader is also responsible for ensuring the provision of highly effective
- Pastoral care teams and procedures
- Relationships with local, national and international individuals and communities
Based at Trethomas Christian Fellowship the majority of the time, to maintain presence and maximize opportunities.
Primary hands-on responsibility as servant-leader accountable to the trustees and existing leadership team
- Preaching and Teaching
1. Develop and implement plans to teach the Bible systematically and thematically
2. Both “all scripture” and needs-focused
3. Inspiring love, worship, obedience and maturity
4. Inclusively, to followers and seekers
5. Develop the teams responsible for delivering church services, Home groups and individuals
1. Maintain clarity of God’s leading for TCF through prayer, the leading of the Holy Spirit and study of God’s Word
2. Consistently and clearly communicate the vision and direction of the church
3. Strengthen leadership throughout the church, among Leaders, Home Groups and Ministry teams.
4. Encourage proactive and personal care through effective teaching and preaching
5. Develop the Pastoral care strategy and ministry, working with Home Groups, Ministry Team leaders and the Pastoral care team to provide excellent care in the church and into the community
Community engagement (“mission”)
1. Continue development and implementation plans for personal and members engagement with individuals and groups within our local community, including neighbours, schools and visitors
2. Continue to develop and implement plans for effective engagement with local, national and international mission work.
Underpinning the above job responsibilities, the Senior Leader has the following personal responsibilities:
- Personal development and maturity
a. Devoted in personal relationship with Christ – pray, study, ’walk’, trust
b. Devoted in family responsibilities – love, provide, protect; balance
c. Continually maturing as a leader and Senior Leader – study, learn, share, stretch
Model a life of love for Jesus Christ, His Church and His world.
It is anticipated that the core responsibilities should be planned to be carried-out within an average of 40 working hours per week, although the nature of the role demands flexibility in allocating these hours throughout the week. At least one day per week be kept completely free from work responsibilities, for personal and family time. Holidays and Sundays off will be discussed at interview.
We are convinced that the right candidate for senior leader will be:
A committed person of God, for whom their own relationship with God is all-important.
An evangelical who seeks to base all his/her beliefs and behavior on the teaching of the Old and New Testaments.
A person with a good theological grasp, with theological training.
A person who believes and operates in the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
A natural leader, with the ability to envision, motivates and co-operates with others.
A team builder, who is good at drawing the best out of others, learning from them, as well as leading and training them.
A good communicator of the word of God.
A person with experience of leadership in a local church.
A person whose wife/ husband (if married) is entirely supportive of the work and vision of TCF.
We are a church with an active Child protection policy. The successful candidate would have to have a DBS check with the Disclosure and Barring Service. This would have to be completed prior to an appointment.