Ian is the Director of Leadership Training and a campus-based tutor. He lectures on both the BA and MA courses, where he draws upon more than 40 years of leadership experience in both the local church and parachurch contexts.
In 2019, Ian was made an honorary Doctor of Divinity by ACTS Institute of Higher Education, Bengaluru, India. The honour coincided with the 40th Anniversary of the foundation of ACTS. Over the past four decades Ian has shared in the teaching programme and, in the late 1980s, he, Ruth and their four sons spent a working sabbatical based at the College. The honorary doctorate was awarded in recognition of Ian’s work across the wider Christian community. During his visit Ian delivered the annual Theological Book Trust Lecture on the subject: Radical Discipleship – The Legacy of Rev Dr. John Stott and the implications for Global Mission.
- Postcards from the Edge: Finding God in Hard Places (IVP, 2015)
- Shock and Awe: Tasting God’s Outrageous Grace (BRF, 2009)
- Working It Out: God, You and the Work You Do (IVP, 2008)
- Discovering Philippians: Live Joyfully in Christ (IVP, 1998).
Articles in magazines, books and journals
- Ian was a columnist for the Western Morning News for ten years
- Teaching material for Bible Sunday, 2010.
- ‘Preaching Jesus from the Epistles’, Methodist Evangelicals Together (2010).