This week-long course is for you if you are interested in communicating God’s word to an oral culture through story crafting and Bible Storying.
4th – 8th January 2021
Moorlands College, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 7AT
Bible Storying has been used with people who prefer audio or visual ways of learning, as well as in oral cultures or other communities where the Bible is not available in printed form.
The training team consists predominantly of members of Wycliffe Bible Translators. Between them they have many years of experience of cross-cultural life and work, both overseas and within their home context.
The Bible Storying course will help you to:
- Tell a story to a small group and help others to learn the story.
- Lead a discussion about the spiritual application of the story.
- Understand the worldviews of the group, which stories are most appropriate to the group and how to adapt your story to a given worldview.
- Begin story crafting with a Bibleless language group, or people already with Scriptures but who need help in engaging with them to understand the Bible’s whole story. They could be somewhere remote or even in your own town in the UK or Europe.
- Training is entirely oral and participatory – no texts or handouts.
- It is an intense 5 day workshop – you must be present for each of the days.
- The course will model the OneStory approach – visit onestory.org for more information.
Please apply using the form below. We’ll let you know in due course if your application has been accepted. If your application is successful, we’ll ask you for a £50 non-refundable deposit. Full payment will be requested one month before the start of the course if you’re accepted.