Keep an eye out for career opportunities as part of our dedicated staff team.
Position #1 – Chaplain (Special responsibilities for male students)
Position #2 – Chaplain (Special responsibilities for female students)
Closing date for applications: Monday 14th June 2021 at 9am
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 28th June 2021 (held face to face at our Christchurch Campus)
We are delighted to announce two opportunities to join our Student Welfare team at Moorlands College. Our vision is to equip people, passionate about Jesus, to impact the Church and the world. Due to a recent retirement, we are now seeking two Chaplains to continue the provision of pastoral care to our College students as part of our new integrated Student Welfare provision.
The Chaplain positions will work alongside each other to deliver and arrange appropriate Chaplaincy support for students at our Christchurch Campus, and online for our students at other Moorlands Centres across the UK. The Chaplain positions will be expected to join and support Tutor Groups and Placement-Based Champion Groups, in addition to advising the HR Manager on pastoral support for staff. Chaplains will have the opportunity to contribute to College Worship Services and Prayer Meetings, as well as supporting off-timetable pastorial activities as required.
Successful candidates will have a degree in Theology or related subject, and/or equivalent relevant professional qualifications, and substantial pastoral experience with adults and in particular young adults. The post holders will need to be able to demonstrate high levels of emotional intelligence and empathy, an ability to work in cooperation with the other Chaplain post holder and as part of the wider Student Welfare Team, and be comfortable using online meetings / conferencing technology, particularly Microsoft Teams.
The Chaplain post carries two Occupational Requirements:
- that the post-holder be a committed evangelical Christian who is able to affirm the College’s vision and mission, and to sign its Statement of Faith;
- that the post-holder is of the same sex as the students to which their post holds special responsibilities. For more information on the OR as permitted under the Equality Act 2010 please see Job Description and Person Specification.
Working hours and benefits
- 8 working hours per week, during College term time only (40 weeks per year) on Wednesdays. Potential to increase hours after 3 month and 6 month review.
- Salary: £4,830
- Holidays: 6.8 weeks pro-rata (restricted to College Holiday Periods only)
- Location: Moorlands College is situated in the tranquil, rural campus grounds, in Christchurch, Dorset on the beautiful South Coast.
How to apply
Full details, including job description, person specification and how to apply, can be found below. Applicants will be required to outline how they meet the personal specifications for this role and include any current notice requirements. Details of how to do this will be on the application form.
Job Descriptions and Person Specifications:
– Chaplain (Special responsibilities for male students)
– Chaplain (Special responsibilities for female students)