Learn Hebrew through interactive activities and develop your understanding of Hebrew texts through these unique week-long courses.
Training TeamThe first week will be led by Phil King, who is a member of Wycliffe UK and teaches on Moorlands’ MA Language, Community & Development at our School of Language and Scripture. Phil taught Hebrew to Papua New Guinean Bible translators for more than ten years, and has continued this within a UK setting. His PhD was on metaphors in Biblical Hebrew. The second week will be led by David Gray and Daniel Paul, who also teach on the MA LCD programme. David Gray is the pathway leader for Scripture Engagement, and a translation and Scripture engagement consultant for SIL International. He is currently studying for a PhD in Old Testament. Daniel Paul is the MA LCD programme leader and a translation and linguistics consultant. His BA was in Biblical Hebrew and Aramaic.
Course ContentBiblical Hebrew for Beginners – this week aims to help you:
- Become confident in reading the Hebrew alphabet
- Kickstart your understanding of Biblical Hebrew vocabulary and grammar
- Work with an Old Testament text
- Gain the skills to continue learning after the week has finished
- Refresh and extend your knowledge of Biblical Hebrew through giving you the opportunity to immerse yourself in language study
- Explore and translate a variety of Old Testament texts
Further informationThe course is taught in collaboration with Wycliffe Bible Translators and SIL International.
Please apply using the form below. We’ll let you know in due course if your application has been accepted. If your application is successful, we’ll ask you for a £50 non-refundable deposit. Full payment will be requested one month before the start of the course if you’re accepted.