Sharon has been the Senior Tutor at our Midlands Regional Centre since July 2014 in a part time capacity. Alongside her work at Moorlands, Sharon runs her own ministry called Catalyst Training and Mentoring Ltd. Sharon worked full time on the staff at Moorlands from 1992 – 2003. Prior to working at Moorlands College, Sharon trained as a Medical Microbiologist before attending Bible College herself. She has worked for Crusaders (now Urban Saints) and Scripture Union. She is a trained youth and community worker and provides Learning Support for students with learning differences at the college.
Sharon has volunteered for Crusaders/Urban Saints for many years and has led summer camps for young people at Studland Bay for over 30 years. She is currently the Chair of Trustees for Urban Saints.
When not working, Sharon is involved in mentoring and developing others, loves reading, cooking and walking by the sea.
- Church and Community
- The Effective Christian Leader
- Missional Leadership Professional Studies
- Celebrating Children. Equipping people working with children and young people living in difficult circumstances around the world, Miles G, and Wright, J.(Paternoster Press 2001) – Contributed chapter
- Building Volunteer Teams that Work, Premier Children’s Work Magazine, 2015
- Women in Leadership, Transmission Magazine Bible Society, 2015
- Voluntary Contributions: Equipping and Investing in your Team, Premier Youth and Children’s Work Magazine, 2016
- I just work with Children, I am not a Leader, Premier Youth and Children’s Work Magazine, 2016
- Effective Line Management in ministry: Empowering Staff and Volunteers to Reach their God-given Potential (Grove Books, 2016).
- The Enabling Leader, Baptist Together Magazine, 2017
- Sharon often contributes book reviews to the Journal of Youth Ministry
Sharon’s current area of research is focused on leadership issues and how mentoring can help leaders to be in post for the long haul. She concentrates particularly in the area of developing women in leadership.